Thursday, March 4, 2010

2 pictures from my day

I have to apologize for not posting a blog recently. I will admit that the main reason is because I keep thinking the next post I made needed to be something extravagant since I haven't posted in such a long time. However, I am realizing now, that this is a blog and there is no need for that. As always there is no way for me to easily share every part of my life here and I can't always keep everyone up to speed on everything. The main purpose of this blog is just to share fun little stories and reflections about my life here.

So I simply want to share two pictures with you from my day today. The first picture is of Nureen. As you can see she is on the swings at our school playground and she is reading a book. I took the picture at my afternoon tutoring class. I always give the children time to play on the playground, which for most of the kids seems to be the highlight of the afternoon. However, Nureen is usually a bit more quiet and often prefers to sit next to me and read. Today she decided to play and read. She first spent a few minutes sitting on the slide reading and then when I swing opened up, she swung and read for a good ten minutes. It was a cute sight to see.


The picture below is of myself and Alyssa and Yazleen. They are two other girls in my afternoon tutoring class. I typically enjoy teaching my afternoon class but today was especially nice because I only had 12 kids instead of the normal number of 18 kids. It was a relaxed day and I let the kids have most of the time to play with whatever toys they wanted... whether it be play dough, coloring, painting or writing on the white board...which was the favorite today. They wrote English words and then would read to me what they wrote. They I would say a word in English and they would sound it out and spell it as it sounded. They are a smart group of kids and I enjoy spending my afternoons with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment